sunny side up



Saturday, October 04, 2008 @ 10:29 PM

Anybody home?

We were on our way home in the car after dinner at the yck japanese village place. I was asking my bro if he has heard of IL DIVO before but he hasnt.

-in chinese-

Mom: You dunno Il Tibo meh??
Bro: No.
Dad: Il Tibo means anybody home.
Bro and Me: Huhh? anybody home?
Mom: Il Tibo is hokkien you all dunno ah?
Dad: Il3 Ti3 Bo2! Il is You3, Ti is Zai4, Bo is Ma1?
Me: I'M NOT SPEAKING HOKKIEN!!!
Mom: Then what are you speaking?
Me: Italian!
Mom and Dad: Il Tibo????
Me: it's a...name..they sing song de
Mom and Dad: ohhhhh why so funny one..

*faints* if it's spanish, the V sound is pronounced as the B sound.. like 'volar' is pronounced as 'bolar'.

emily at 10:29 PM
5comment(s)

5Comments:

oh man! this is hilarious! i'm sorry emily, but you've REALLY funny parents! there! linguistics in action lor! phonetics and all...=)

By Blogger Faith, at 5:55 PM  

boo! =D

By Blogger me!, at 11:16 PM  

HAHAHA. nice joke! ;)

By Blogger Rachel, at 11:56 PM  

Kakaka, this is damn cute laa..
re-link me yea love @ http://nanami-who.blogspot.com

By Blogger Humaayrah, at 10:36 AM  

OH OH I LOVE IL DIVO :D okay fine, I don't love them (xuan does heh) but I like SOME of their songs! I like the "I Believe in You" when they sang it with celine dion! (plus plus plus some of them are good looking :D)

By Anonymous yan, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss