sunny side up



Sunday, August 17, 2008 @ 10:31 PM

T w e n t y o n e

Psalm 77:5 I consider the days of old,
the years long ago.


Before I get swarmed by busyness and thinking I'm busy, I am going to update about my birthday and reflection on some twentyone things to be so thankful to God for x)

one
Firstly, Praise God that I'm twenty-one! like finally! Never in my entire 5 yr old, 10 yr old, 15 yr old, 20 yr old brain, had I imagined I'd be old enough to say, ok I'm old enough I'd like to stop growing now. But life for Christ goes on la. Admittedly, maturing in years has NEVER been so infuriatingly slow, sigh but God sets the pace and there's still a long way to grow

two
For the absolutely awesome birthday surprises I've had! In vanity (and irresoluteness), I've had some four awesome gatherings in total plus some pre and post gatherings...*mumble mumble*. Thanks to awesome friends who made me feel important on that special day :)

Thank God for the PARTies :) HAHA You've outdone yourselves in the 1st volunteer ran event. It was so absolutely SWEET BEYOND WORDS with a 6yrold's party decor, acoustic performances for the purposes of sharing to my parents and it has so much love. The preparations! The heartfelt messages! The video brimming with memories! the ministry involvements, mundane activities and sharing of lives! I'm beyond happy.

three
For that crazy surprise on the day itself at macdonalds. that niggled my nerves. praying about problems then to find the rest of you grinning inanely at me after AMEN! then worried why I wasn't reacting like it's my birthday. But in retrospect like after i got off the car, it was remarkably heartwarming. That's two surprises, two years in a row and I'm still unsuspecting. cant figure out if it was out of cheekiness or fondness, or both? BUT let me go worry about that and how terrible I'm going to mess you guys up when it's your turns. ha!

four
For my secondary sch buddies. my delightfully mad friends. I think the highlights of teenage life was doing stupid things with you all. I regret that we don't spend as much time as we'd like together, and I know you all "will always be a part of me". Thanks for the botanic garden picnic. HOW DID YOU EVER KNOW I'D RATHER A PICNIC WITH CANDLES (tho it was hardly romantic I couldnt see anything but HUGELY HILARIOUS PLAYING GAMES BLINDLY) THAN SOME CANDLELIGHT DINNER/BBQ/HUGE PARTY WITH 100 PEOPLE. I guess we're all reading minds now :)

five
For that really FUN pre-birthday treat at sushi tei and trigger happy moments at Fullerton, down clarke quay, in photobooths, on statues/lampposts! and some random toilets with pretty big mirrors. The pictures and tags really made my day! You guys make tedious toilet trips an adventure haa.

six
OH wonderful trip to Canberra Secondary School again! On the day itself. Couldn't have had a more refreshing idea. Thanks to peng's lunch appnt with Mrs Phang and Mrs Tay! dear ol Canberra. You've changed so much and changed so little (thankfully!) Thank God for free day and for great amazing teachers who inspired us in some way (like use potatoes to do algebra/kong-garithms) and gave us endless opportunities to be who we thought we were - cool exciting people. And I miss us the way we were - happy, silly and unglam.

seven
CHURCHIES! Ex sunday schoolmateys! I'm glad we thai expressed one fine sunday. It's been a mil years since we ate properly, gather together to get any where together... It was a nice warm meal! I thank God for you bunch of bananas because of the love we have because of HIS passion, for the common bond in the body of Christ and that I will STILL see you all most in the years ahead. It's the ultimate heartwarming truth to know that WE WILL BE SEEING ONE ANOTHER IN GLORIOUS HEAVEN, in the presence of the one who created us to have that awesome relationship with HIM and others.


eight
Thank God for bible trail, for the study of the book of ACTS. exciting stuff the bible is! but not always enthusiastic i am. For the company of little girls about the same age as I was like 7 to 8 years ago :) Pray that God grow them more and more to be godly women who follow the ways of God and teach them to younger women in time to come!

nine
FOR CELL GROUPIES! You people overlap everywhere but that's how you've all been categorised on the left side. We meet to study God's word that's so so so important and we meet to encourage and edify. It's so comforting to be accountable (on some level) to one another :) THANK GOD FOR DELIA, precious bold and courageous leader who still trudges on amidst occasional lacklustre cg members like me ;)

ten
Back to parts! We're partying pretty often now. thanking God profusely for the privilege to lead and serve in the band. learning to tremble and fear God instead of my circumstances! Thank Him that garage prc is on the way in december. Parts is functioning on God's grace alone through one staff and many volunteers. That's some stuff to be pretty trembly about but HE IS FAITHFUL and has been so good in providing manpower, ideas, and somehow things move along even when the servants are feeling abject moments of despair and worry ourselves senseless. it's inexplicable how things move along seamlessly - it's not by chance but by design!

eleven
Home matters now. it's still the four of us THANK GOD. It's on days like birthdays that celebration and the act of celebrating acts it's perfunctory role of gelling people and reminding us the reasons why we still get together. I thank God for a proper loving home. It's so hard to see how possibly the home is loving until i shove away the grievances and misgivings. God provides through the kinds of provision i get at home- shelter, parental guidance! and this is the ONE place that he molds me the mostest. in ALL WAYS. My personality, godly character, sociability/communication, my DISC, my love languages etc. And it's one place I sometimes wish I don't have to be but i am almost ALWAYS at. May God have mercy on me and teach me how to love these important people. For my parents who try to give me all they can give in this lifetime :) they the awesomest cos they're my mom and dad. and my bro because he is my bro, he's pretty awesome too cos he has me as his sister ha.

twelve
My mac that is still working. my pretty white apple macbook that makes it hard for me to live with a pc.

thirteen
My own bed. I've just had a sleepover and it's worrying having to share a bed with someone. because because beds have springs

fourteen
My school and my course. ahhh! I dont know what to do about life after uni please refrain from asking me unless you think I'm pretending to be thinking about it and i'm not. am trying to make the best out of it. i still like reading storybooks. YAY i've got two years left. but i.e two years left to think what to do for the rest of my working years. UNFAIR

fifteen
My uni friends who teach me how to use the ntu websites, get me around campus, tells me when we get important emails and forgives me for treating them like utility :pp and for giving me discounts for dresses during bazaars! Also for the small bunch of christians i meet often for meals. you guys help so much to remind me of our purpose in school - to be salt and light

sixteen
I get electives that i want almost every sem!!! again not by chance!

seventeen
I'm overloaded this sem with modules :(((((((( but it's an opportunity to see how well i'll be managing my time

eighteen
Thank God for little children who make me smile just by being themselves. like Meredith :) miss her so much! For babies in church like aly, cait, dan and other random smallies that run and crawl around.

nineteen
Tung family for letting me crash their homes in the past to play with Mere. one more Tung member's on the way to be played with haha!

twenty
haha for the silver medal singapore won during table tennis! yay spore you rock! you made me watch tv again :D

twentyone
thank you God for Jesus Christ who died for me and my sins. You're MY SUPERHERO and SAVIOR. MY LORD AND MASTER. MY KING AND RULER. Pray that my life will be for YOUR GLORY. We fade like flowers but Your word remains forever.


Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight
are but as yesterday when it is past,
or as, a watch in the night.

emily at 10:31 PM
2comment(s)

2Comments:

Hey hey! Thanks for tagging, although your tag wasn't very... informative. Haha xD It's weird that you call us 'little girls' in your post (I assume I am part of that group of little girls) because I am taller than you :D

By Anonymous yan, at 4:20 PM  

you mean you are NOT. haha i call everybody younger than me little girls :) little sisters :))

By Blogger emily, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss