sunny side up



Tuesday, July 01, 2008 @ 8:10 PM

It's just a feeling and no one knows yet






The Tungs came back! Meredith is crazier and more lovable than ever. It's wonderful to be welcomed and invited into godly homes and be involved in the things families (besides our own) do. Like taking pictures of each other above!


Today had some musings on trying to love people.

Most of the time, it's hard to invest in people's lives whom I hardly know. Like being in charge of welfare in church. HOW is it possible to care when I hardly know the person. So I concluded, after many failed attempts of getting cakes that I'm very positively an un-welfarish person. But over time there came people whom I became aware that I was concerned for. Naturally! poured out time and effort being available and tried my hardest to love and invest time in these relationships. Sadly, they were and still are, feeble attempts. Because I have understood so poorly the love that God has shown me. Only with His grace and in view of His mercy, am I able to truly love others. To treat older men as fathers, older women as mothers, younger men as brothers and younger women as sisters; with respect, esteem, affection and propriety.

I'm so guilty of being unloving. I'm ugly and I feel it. It's true that I'm so not a welfare person, but God calls us to take the welfare of others more important than self, and it's so awesome that He gives us, poor broken sinful people, the capacity to love and still forgive us for failed attempts. That's mercy! He filled us with His abundant and overflowing love and showing us love through what JC did for us all on the cross, that is His amazing grace!



It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

regina spektor 'the call'

Think these lyrics would mean much more if the sequence is changed from back to front. I don't know what it is. But if it's God's love, I pray we all want to read, think about, hope and feel it!

emily at 8:10 PM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss