sunny side up



Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 4:17 PM

you get more than what you bargained for

For my current job, I do six hrs daily, get lunch/dinner appointments, receive free jokes via sms almost hourly, have a subscription to dial/text-a-friend service offered by nice friends and just got a pay increment. It's a pretty good packaged deal. if I could just continue bearing the bareness of my table, the lack of internet access and a pantry. Plus ill-mannered rude tactless people. Horrid people who don't like to talk to you- oh how wretched is the life of a telemarketer.

But really, I thank God for friends who offered themselves in kind service. I've had hot dates for the past two weeks everyday except for one day! Brought cup noodles and found out to my horror I'm not allowed access to hot water. Welfare is lamentable but shall overlook it for the sake of a colleague who feeds me chocolate once in a while. The desert of an office is surrounded by oasis of shopping malls and food places, so am somewhat appeased. Oh yeah, there is a pretty hotel lookalike toilet with a thousand mirrors which I go a mil times a day. It has nice lightings. The auntie cleans it every three hours and it really sparkles.

Boss says I've been doing well. encouragement is good, it gives a bit more incentive to work i guess. I find myself thinking in the middle of dreariness about how doing any work can glorify God and it prompts me to pray for strength and indeed more diligence as I do work that isn't all that fun.

* Prithee offer thyself and thy time for lunch appointments if thou dost take pity on this poor ol soul :p

emily at 4:17 PM
2comment(s)

2Comments:

The font's too small? Haha but it's the same as my previous blog! At least it looks the same. Maybe it's just your computer! Okay I'll try to change it :D

By Anonymous yan, at 3:46 PM  

can u watch it? if not try downloading the vlc player.

laine

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss