sunny side up



Friday, May 09, 2008 @ 7:54 PM

Wheels on the bus go round and round



Back from malacca! It was a short, TIRING mission trip but nevertheless a meaningful one. Best parts of the trip were the time with the students and eating! Teaching and talking to them were challenging. Oh was made to do devotion with staff. THAT was freaky too. It was a small team, got a bit trying I felt at times, but it was still wonderful serving together.

random things i rmbed about the kids:

-there was this boy at Bukit Beruang who promptly started tearing after I said to him: "Bye! hope to see you again, although maybe I wont!" but he wasn't tearing because of me. He said: "last night I had a dream about my grandma dying." So heart-wrenching! Poor boy, he then went out of the class, drying his tears.

-met this other boy at K Seng who resembled a smaller version of that teary boy, he kept telling me he wants to throw watermelons. (cos bowling in our olympics uses watermelon instead of the bowling ball)

-my malay failed me. this malay girl at MGS tried her hardest to speak to me in english, grabbed her shy friend to translate but the shy friend ran away. so i just tried to guess what she was trying to say, her furious nodding, biting of lips, frowning, shaking of her head was hilarious and when i finally got it she was so happy!

-Lydia and I were given a flower each by two other girls there. One purple and one pink flower. We got all gushy over them. Oh so sweet! oh thank you! The flowers were probably mothers day gifts on sale at school.

cool indian flower/duster thing that we taught them how to make

we caught the sunsetting one day. it was pretty! check out my facebook album for other pics!

emily at 7:54 PM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss