sunny side up



Saturday, May 17, 2008 @ 1:49 AM

Latest Noticeable Hang Up



I've been listening to my podful of songs for months now. Plus or minus a few songs once in a while, they pretty much stay the same. Bic Runga's Sway has got to be the oldest song, but I've not figured out why I still like it. The entire playlist runs on shuffle mode, it shuffles more than it plays songs and I find myself, curiously, searching the particular ones among the repetitive, boring songs that nonetheless still stay in my pod. Perhaps, afraid I'll need them once I take them away.

They're like my books, photos or scrap pieces of cards that people scribble stuff on to me, I can't throw away. It becomes a pain, this incessant, compulsive need to store memories, clogging up my cupboards, as well as my itunes. I have junk music in my laptop that is taking up space, with stuff from ago that I no longer listen to.

My room and stuff are piling up (partially or more due to laziness). Henceforth, cleaning shall be in progress, for the lack of space and discipline to create order, plus persuasion skills to show order within disorder. I will be LESS of a garang guni man of sentimentalities and cut my own OCD with nostalgia off, cold turkey.

A friend said to me, why take pictures, when it is certain happy moments you capture. And I suppose also, why listen to songs to evoke emotions, or echo the thoughts you want to feel and think. But still, I like my pictures, my not so happening from everywhere music, my moldy children storybooks, my heaps of autograph books from old school days. The special moments, the right kind of emotions, thoughts that have to be remembered, felt or mused upon. Hopefully, more selective.

emily at 1:49 AM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss