sunny side up



Sunday, November 11, 2007 @ 12:18 AM

Wittman Ah Sing in Tripmaster Monkey says People who aren't too smart, the ones who live by song lyrics, and who don't know their current events, those people can be happy.

HAHAHAHAHA I totally giggled to myself when I read that, is he talking about ME? I'm completely politically apathetic and I am quite hesitant to say i "live by song lyrics" even though it's prolly true to an extent only. I take LIT, I'm HAPPY that I don't do science,math,business,philosophy or any yucky stuff. I'm not TOO SMART in those areas!

Trying to calm down before exam anxiety sweep me away, I reflected on my past. Seriously. this is something I just tried doing and it works. Reflection. Writing. Thinking (not too introspectively).

But now, I see that God has deliberately engineered my life in such a way that he ALWAYS reminds me to snap out of it, or like he'll seem to say HERE'S A BLESSING! OR I'M LETTING THIS HORRIBLE THING HAPPEN TO YOU JUST SO YOU'LL REMEMBER I'M STILL HERE AND YOU'RE NOT IN CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE! Because I know if he wasn't looking after me, given my personality I would very possibly be either a junkie, a serial bummer, or living my life given to extremes and excesses.

I can see myself in some of the excesses when I'm not careful. Like when something big just happen, or when I'm feeling moody, I do things that I normally wouldn't do- go to extremes. I guess it's a common thing for all but it scares me when I see and know myself going out of control but I just let it be because my circumstances are so real to me and I simply don't care!

Sigh so I was like going into an epiphany just now while journaling, realizing that He has always always protected me with rules and people who cared, in an environment where His word is always present. Isn't God so amazing.

Jesus DIED for this body, the Holy spirit dwells in this body and I cant just go wasting and destroying myself just because I feel emotional! This body has been bought with a high price and I would say I'm impressed and awed that God would sacrifice so much just for my salvation because my body to me, is just my body lah. And SO if God regards it so highly, I should too.

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Cor. 6:19

I don't know what the ancient temple of God was like, but bible says His presence was in the holy of holies. People fell dead when they were in his presence!!! And I'm like whoa. so my body is like that.. but nobody falling dead yet.. I guess it reflects what God really meant when he said that I am not my own, that the body is to be treated with respect and honor, because it is God's!



Nobody wanna see us together, but it don ma-a-tter no!
Akon is in my head! :)

emily at 12:18 AM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss