sunny side up



Thursday, September 13, 2007 @ 11:32 PM

free

Trying to do an essay for american lit. The story is abt this young man who dreamt or had a vision of having met the devil on the road, he gave up on faith cos he experienced alot of sin in the world. He finds the holiest people on earth conspiring with the devil. Through out the short story, he cries out to Faith (his wife) to help him believe, resist evil, and not join in devil worship. She disappears in the vision. In the end, he lived life with cynicism and died a gloomy man.

Corrinne May's song, 'Everything in it's time' helped to capture this difficulty to stay true to the path.

Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead. How long till my hunger is fed. They say it's hard to make it in this part of town. So many people on this merry-go-round. Some folks try astrology. Some turn to crystal balls. To find an answer, To get through it all. I just fall on my knees and I try to pray. In the silence I can hear Him say, the river runs and the river hides. Out to the ocean and under the sky. I promise you, the answer will come. Hold on to patience and watch for the sign. Everything in its time

I often feel like I'm two steps behind. Somebody must have moved that finish line. There are a thousand reasons why I should give up. But I'm stubborn in the things I believe. 'cause maybe there's another plan. One I still can't see. A little surprise, like your love in my life. Funny how time changes how we see.


But we're not meant to stumble around, confused. Cos God has given his grace, this power to be irrisistably drawn to Christ. The will is transformed by grace, that it will love God's voice. I think this verse is very reassuring..

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. john 6:44

We have been sent to Christ by God and not by our own efforts or decisions! This shows that if God had planned this, and Christ has promised to raise us up, it would mean that through out our journeys, He will be there to continually DRAW us to him!

emily at 11:32 PM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss