sunny side up



Friday, August 24, 2007 @ 12:52 AM

mengantuk (sleeepy)

I just gave up trying to read Emerson after a week, could not get past his whole mishmash of ideas. Every sentence has it's sparks but you're not sure how the sparks connect. I think that is what it means to be a poet. The waves of bursting ideas trying to form and then language can hardly seem to contain it. It makes sense and sometimes it doesn't at all, no matter how much extrapolation is done. When it makes sense they say it's genius, and otherwise it's rubbish? oh how very whatever. My malay cikgu thinks birds are sad after the rain. Go figure poets! (and dense essayists)

The bible is full of wonderful poetry and dense essays inspired by God. Sometimes simple truths are the hardest to understand. Like God loves me. I had a hard time trying to explain what His love is, and how real it is. Today i learn during bible study that one evidence of love is His Laws. He gave us boundaries so we can be protected and be safe. Rules are an expression of love and not restriction and cruelty. When I got scolded, I used to think people did it to shame me or because they wanted to show they're right. I couldn't understand that chastising and disciplining were acts of love to correct. I still get really afraid when I'm scolded, but now I've been told so much, and I know better that I'm being loved instead. Likewise God's laws are very visible acts of his care for his children, not wanting them to fall into danger and get messed up, which we do very often so thank God for his rules and regulation.

Probably go sleep, can't make much sense out of Emerson but I will TAHAN LAGI more of his convoluted-ness again. Hope I'll have something clever to say tomorrow or that prof won't pick on me :|


(24th Aug 1pm)
Yay he didn't.

emily at 12:52 AM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss