sunny side up



Saturday, April 14, 2007 @ 10:48 PM

pityriasis rosea

No. it's not a medical name for a mental disorder that makes you more pitiful neither is it the scientific name for a rose species!

It's the name for my...rash!! yup it's not allergy, ringworm, bedbugs or syphillis! Though all of the above have similar symtoms. It's a skin disease with no known cause and affects mostly females between 20 and 35. It may occur at anytime of year, but pityriasis rosea is most common in the spring and fall.

Pityriasis rosea usually begins with a large, scaly, pink patch on the chest or back, which is called a "herald" or "mother" patch. I have this huge mommy patch on my tummy. And everyone was speculating and telling me diff stuff to apply on it.

Within a week or two, the second eruptions of pink patches appear on the chest, back, arms, and legs. It has been nearly a month. The patches are oval and may form a pattern over the back that resembles the outline of a Christmas tree. Doc took pictures of me and showed me the pattern. Ive got a tree tattoo made of rash.

The cause is unknown. There is recent evidence suggesting that it may be caused by a virus since the rash resembles certain viral illnesses, and occasionally a person feels slightly ill for a short while just before the rash appears. Pityriasis rosea does not seem to spread from person to person and it usually occurs only once in a lifetime. I am not contagious!!!

Pityriasis rosea is a common skin disorder and is usually mild. Most cases usually do not need treatment and fortunately, even the most severe cases eventually go away. However, there will be scarring if not treated. Sigh, my mum paid 140 bucks for my meds. Im dying of itch, and super grossed out by the growth rate of the pinkish oval patches. They're appearing everywhere. But thank God it's not serious at all.

I cant post pictures. it will make my blog look like the posters in a clinic .ughh

American Academy of Dermatology (http://www.aad.org/public/Publications/pamphlets/PityriasisRosea.htm)

emily at 10:48 PM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss