sunny side up



Saturday, April 28, 2007 @ 7:17 PM

i want to be a superhero



I finished my exams on thursday! God has really blessed me so much in many ways.

Especially in the area of intellectual growth this past year, some barriers i had in jc are have slowly broken away and it's by God's grace! They were so evidently present i felt sure i will never understand such things because they were completely beyond me. There was once I told my jc lit teacher that there was this limit i can go, and i just keep hitting my head against it. This was in reply to her having said i need to go "deeper" and "elaborate more" in my argument. "i cant" i said. "i dont know why, i cant go beyond this".

So she stared at me and gave me the look that said "ive no idea what you are talking about' (this is a very good excuse which teachers and professors alike use, when they are Lazy to think about what students try to say).

Tchers/Profs: These students are so vague and muddy! Why cant they be clear!

Crystal.

One 'breakthrough' i had, yes it is dramatic - during one my essay assignments. I did a film analysis, and got stuck at 1 am, with the paper due the coming evening. So, i stopped and watched Heroes. Needless to say, it inspired me to finish the essay (tho the show had nothing to do with it) with lotsa smoke, fancy mirrors and cool effects. I ran on Hiro enthusiasm and chased the dragon with Mr 'Eesark Mendiss' the whole night. I got a nice grade for my paper, Yattaa!!

Also, there was Another paper with a killer word limit, which was done with direct inspiration from Heroes with application of Darwin's Thesises-'Origin of Species', 'Descent of Man', etc. I had lotsa help from my bio, chem, civil and environment engineer neighbours on Darwinism, cos ALL of them knew evolution technicalities inside out. Im usually not so enthu about homework. Felt like Mohinder Suresh heh heh heh. ( i cant see why ppl dont find him cute, it's fine to have an indian and british accent at the same time what!)

Yes, and so it was quite exciting for me. I got nice/ not so nice grades for my other papers too but that's another story of God's grace for another time. I am still muddy about what i understand and what i dont, but im sure that God reveals his wisdom in time, and i dont have to worry about it because when I just want to please Him, he will surely break down any kinds of barrier so that it can help me get closer to Him. I know that He wont allow me to simply know things, but learn it the hard way. Thats why we fall and stumble countless times, like how Claire gets a branch stuck in her head, has countless broken ribs & fingers, or gets her face smashed up. repeatedly. Similarly we suffer, so that we can learn more about ourselves and then know God more and more. Finally we can "walk through the fire and not get burn."

eep long post. cant wait to get back to hall to marathon movies, and.. savour two episodes of Heroes!!


emily at 7:17 PM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss