sunny side up



Sunday, February 11, 2007 @ 4:45 AM

Psa. 50:2. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.

Prof says

(1)Reality can only be realised and fulfilled in Art because it embodies perfection.
(2)Art is a form of escapism, an excuse to turn away from the real.

BUT I think ART is perfectly divine and natural in itself. It is the subversion of the real, liberal interpretations and misuse of Art with no boundaries that is absolutely horrifying.

Like how sex, violence, gore and even expletives are justified for Artistic purposes. It's UTTERLY beyond me how these are representatives of perfection. How the spilling of guts is aesthetically pleasing?? Ooh the blood splatters so abstractly, it's almost surreal?? I have a teacher who told us that expletives are the most common, boring manifestations of mankind because they are just repetitions, but unless he's making a point and i doubt it, he uses them like as if he's a complete genius with such expressions and exclaimations. ****!!! here and there, #@&^% everywhere!!, like abstract splotches of blood.

Also, like how people grumble and mumble about the irony of our govt's democratic rule or social issues in books n such. But all they do is grumble mumble and read more books. However, I really think it's fine because reading might lead to action as suppose to not reading at all!! It's when we gain knowledge, like know that children in poverty are dying by the thousands, but we still pretend they dont exist. When information does not translate to action or when Reading and Knowing suddenly = Doing, it becomes worrying. So lets start applying head knowledge today.

It hit me when prof talked about escapism, about my fascination with extremely good looking cg characters. I have Reno/Cloud etc. etc. alternating turns on my desktop! Aiyah I do like real people lah. I'm so grounded in reality i know it's almost impossible for guys to look like that, and I'll be wary if one looking like Cloud Strife shows up! hee

emily at 4:45 AM
0comment(s)

0Comments:

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss