sunny side up



Saturday, January 20, 2007 @ 6:26 PM

"the new men"

Sometimes when the Spirit graciously prompts, I Know that God deserves so much more than what I've been giving him.

The time that went into work, money gone i dont know where, (fake abercrombies are a total waste); talents and interests that i'm so quick to dismiss but intrinsically essential that if you tell me to give up performing, i'll roll my eyes twice. Excuse me! I call them the constitution of my self- my personality. I brand myself a unique individual, but hey dont we all.

I simply cannot stop talking about myself.

I asked again why did Jesus die on the cross. It's still the same incredible humbling answer. So that my self can stop loving itself and know worth lies in Christ alone, not this piece of junk that ive tried to piece together with ppl glue, experience and philosophy.

Work is so hard, especially God's work. Today I saw several semblances of myself, the faces that refused to admit that they're helpless. Faces of reckless enthusiasm dissolving into fear when misguided self esteems shrivel, left with nothing else but thankfully and hopefully, Christ in us.

I really like what C.S Lewis says in his last chapter in Mere Christianity. These are very cool chunks of words.

At the beginning I said there were Personalities in God. I will go further now. There are no real personalities anywhere else. Until you have given up your self to Him you will not have a real self. Sameness is to be found most among the most 'natural' men, not among those who surrender to Christ. How monotonously alike all the great tyrants and conquerors haven been: how gloriously different are the saints.

...

Give up yourself, and you will find your real self. Lose your life and you will save it. Submit to death, death of your ambitions and favourite wishes every day and death of your whole body in the end: submit with every fibre of your being, and you will find eternal life. Keep back nothing. Nothing that you have not given away will be really yours. Nothing in you that has not died will ever be raised from the dead. Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin and decay. But look for Christ and you will find Him, and with Him everything else thrown in.

emily at 6:26 PM
3comment(s)

3Comments:

hello!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 AM  

hey em,
how are things going these days? CS Lewis is the bomb, i need to read more of him. hope you are doing well. peace

By Blogger Nan, at 11:45 AM  

nan!!
YES! i like him alot, he's quite funny! Im good, hope everything fine n well over there too :)

By Blogger emily, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment


Profile.

E m e l y e

Links.

jy.
nic.
kel.
stef.
ctmyra.
mr siva.
yin luan.
maryam.
rachel soh.
adeline elena.

ian.
nat.
eliz.
yue.
yan.
sijia.
ning.
josh.
jane.
huiis.
xuan.
yihui.
leroy.
laine.
nicole.
rachel.
siyong.
neoyun.
hongyu.
yingxuan.
hweeleng.
porkchop.
lambchop.

gin.
kelv.
shane.
raymond.
04A1A.

val.
ian.
roy.
nan.
eliot.
linda.
amos.
tungs.
randy.
becky.
jaclyn.
joanne.
leonard.
romans.
carmen.
jeannette.
michelle.k

faith.
simin.
bianca.
alyssa.
leehau.
zaneta.
yueyou.

Credits.
Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss